Gum is a time-consuming to remove and its unsightly appearance can make a negative impact on people approaching and using your premises.
YBC Services has a new system called Gumwand, which allows us to completely remove all gum from all areas of your building – inside and out – in an environmentally-friendly and incredibly speedy way.
We can also supply GumTarget, a fun way to encourage gum-chewers to ‘surrender’ their gum in an appropriate way, for example, at your school gates. This helps to avoid the problem of gum becoming stuck in and around your premises.
FIVE REASONS YBC CAN HELP YOU WITH GUM REMOVAL
- Our Gumwand can quickly and thoroughly clear gum from your external and internal floors – including carpets – no matter how long it has been there.
- Previous gum-removing machinery was bulky and awkward – the Gumwand is a slim unit carried in one hand. Gumwand is ready to work in 15 seconds, and it takes just 3 seconds to remove an unsightly and ingrained piece of chewing or bubble gum from concrete.
- Gumwand transforms gum into an environmentally-friendly powder that can be easily brushed away without damaging the underlying surface. The cleaned area is immediately ready for use; even carpets are dry and accessible. Our system is self-contained and makes no mess – no additional cleaning is required to remove splashes on windows as with old steam-powered gum removal units.
- YBC Services minimise disruption during chewing gum removal; there is no need to rope off the area being cleaned as Gumwand is powered by rechargeable batteries, and has no trailing cables. It is also quiet to operate as there is no need for noisy generators, meaning cleaning can be done at night without disturbing your premises’ neighbours.
- GumTarget is an A4, powder-coated steel plate that fixes to a lamp column, signpost, bus stop or railing. It is covered with a removable, printed GumSheet – with a choice of designs for different settings – on which people stick their chewing gum, meaning it is collected neatly in one place.
YOUR GUM REMOVAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED
[toggle title=”Are there any chemicals left behind when you use Gumwand?”]No, the cleaning solution is a unique sugar beet based detergent derived from totally natural and sustainable sources. It is ph neutral. It instantly turns discarded gum into powder, which leaves no residue.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”How environmentally-friendly is Gumwand compared to other systems?”]Water-based steam cleaning systems use a large amount of water, and leave residual water to be cleared away. Using Gumwand saves on water, and also on the electricity used to heat the water for steam cleaning. It also doesn’t need to be transported by vehicle, saving on fuel and associated costs.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Do I have to use Gumwand in conjunction with other YBC support services?”]You can request gum removal as a service on its own, but we would be very pleased to talk about your other cleaning and facilities management needs, as these are often complementary to gum removal.[/toggle]